[GNC] Can't save a file to redirected folder.

RedFishGnuFish dontspammehereok at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 01:13:29 EDT 2018

Admittedly, I'm brand new to GnuCash but I think this is a real issue.

I'm using GnuCash 3.1 on Win 7.  My windows Desktop directory is redirected
to a 2008 Server on my home network.

I create a new project and try to save it.
1) I first create a folder (Accounting) on my Desktop which succeeds.

2) I enter that folder <mydesktop>Accounting

3) I try to save fool.gnucash

    Note, the network path looks something like:
    \\servername\Share\Users\<myusername>\Accounting\foo.gnucash

I get the error:

You attempted to save in
<random text here>
or a subdirectory theerof.  This is not allowed as GnuCash reservers that
directory for internal use.

Please try again in a different directory.

I'ts ironic that the only reason I'm upgrading from Quicken 2003 is it
doesn't seem to handle network path names.