[GNC] Forward payments

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Jun 28 03:57:40 EDT 2018

On Thursday, 28 June 2018 08:46:41 BST Tony Vanson wrote:
> Thanks again. Normally the staff salary would be simply paid from my
> Current assets:Bank Account to Expenses:Staff as they become due.
> Similarly with the other payments from my Current:assets:Bank Account to
> the various other expense account: e.g. Expenses:Pool etc. etc.
> Cheers

Hi Tony,

That all makes perfect sense -  so have you "loaned" the money to cover the
time you are away directly to an employee? (ie into someone else's personal
account)

I'm trying to understand what you mean by "transferred from savings to Staff
Account" in your OP.

But yes, it seems to me in summary you want the Staff Account to be an asset -
if there is unused money at the end of your trip in the Staff Account it will
be returned to you, just as if you put it in some other temporary bank account
(or notes in a shoe bux under the bed!)   Expenses txns then go from the new
asset account to the expense accounts, very much as you do at present.

Maf.