[GNC] Forward payments

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Jun 28 09:24:29 EDT 2018

On Thursday, 28 June 2018 11:31:08 BST Tony Vanson wrote:
> Thank you for your patience
> Yes, I guess, in this instance, it could be considered as a type of
> temporary loan for her to pay the bills. However, my thoughts are, that if
> I change the current classification of Expenses:Staff to Current
> Assets:Staff, when I pay her salary I'm decreasing an Asset (Bank Account)
> but would also be needing to decrease another asset account Current
> Assets:Staff. Am I wrong in assuming that this cannot be done?
>
> By "transferred from savings to Staff Account" I meant when salary payment
> is made (usually in cash) it is from my Current Assets:Bank Account:Cash in
> Wallet with the offsetting account being Expense:Staff Account"
> Cheers

Hi Tony,

you can have assets:advancetransfer (call it what you like!)  and
expenses:staff as already existing

instead of transfer from Bank:Cash -> Expenses:Staff (the normal transaction
for salary)
you do

Bank -> assets:AdvanceTransfer   (ie before you go away)

then as required while you are away

Asset:advanceTransfer -> Expenses:StaffSalary
or
Asset:AdvanceTransfer -> Expenses:PoolChems

when you are back, if there is anything left in AdvanceTransfer, you can bring
it back to the bank account, or if it is negative, put more into it.  I don't
see your point about touching 2 asset accounts at the same time.

HTH,
Maf.