[GNC] Forward payments

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Thu Jun 28 13:13:51 EDT 2018

On 06/28/2018 12:25 AM, Tony Vanson wrote:
> Thank you for your quick response. My Staff account is set up as an Expense
> not as an Asset. In this particular case would I need to set up a new
> account Current Assets:Staff - as a child account under Current Assets?
> Cheers

I would set it up as an asset.  Even if you physically handed them the
cash and they physically put it into their wallet for future
disbursement as needed, it is still your asset.  If anything is left
over when you return it would come back to you for put back into the bank.

I presume you will get periodic statements about how that asset is being
disbursed so you can make the appropriate entries to transfer funds to
the appropriate expense accounts (just like you do now, except the asset
side is not the bank but the "staff accountant").

That way you could notice if the funds were running short and do online
banking to send more funds to that person.