[GNC] GnuCash 3.2 Released

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jun 29 11:10:23 EDT 2018

> On Jun 29, 2018, at 12:42 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:
>
> Op maandag 25 juni 2018 19:42:37 CEST schreef Stephen M. Butler:
>> Further research:
>>
>> It appears that net-charts.scm is a replacement for two other files in
>> standard-reports:  net-linecharts.scm and net-barcharts.scm
>>
>> I renamed those two to have a .old extension on them and GnuCash now
>> starts up without complaining about duplicate report IDs.
>>

> Ah indeed. As you indicated you didn't uninstall first, the old files remained
> in the installation directory causing the conflict.
>
> The formal way to uninstall is a bit picky. You should run "make uninstall" in
> your build directory *before* changing the source directory to a newer version
> (be it a new git checkout or pull, or installing a new release tar ball).
>
> If you installed gnucash in it's own prefix (by adding
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=xyz to your cmake run), uninstalling would be as easy
> as deleting this prefix.
>
> But in this case manually removing/renaming the offending files works as well.
> I would remove/rename the corresponding .go files in gnucash' lib64/gnucash/
> scm/ccache/ directory as well though.

CMake doesn’t create an uninstall target. To uninstall, use `xargs rm < install_manifest.txt` from the build directory. (In Windows CMake writes install_manifest.txt with windows paths so you have to use a Powershell window and do `get-contents install_manifest.txt | remove-item`).

On a related note, CMake’s clean target seems broken for makefiles but works fine for ninja.

Regards,
John Ralls