Problem With Current Assets

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 18:25:47 EST 2018

On 27/02/2018 19:59, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> Playing around, I managed to trigger the error message.
>
> I selected an account and then clicked the edit button. I then tried to re-assign it to itself as the parent. Of course, this is impossible.

gnc actually does some well thought out movements if you delete an
account instead of moving it, if you want to experiment you create a new
account, delete the old one and see if it does what you expect.

> Not sure if that’s what happened in your case. And for me, I recall now naming did play a part. Because I had some accounts very similarly named and I wasn’t paying close enough attention to the tree, I was attempting to place an account under itself rather than a different account.

If you can repeat that it is probably worth while doing a bug file.

placing accounts with the same name in a tree works very well in gnc as
a rule

--
Wm