Transaction report ?? currency symbol

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 08:03:51 EST 2018

You didn’t specify what type of container, but since you mentioned Ubuntu I’ll hazard a guess that it’s LXD and not Docker.

It sounds like the container isn’t exposing the locale settings of the host. That might be by design, but I’m not sure what the logic would be on that.

Someone else here might have some tips, but I’d think the answer is more likely to be found on a LXD forum.

Do you have any other apps in the same/similar containers that are having issue with locale settings?

Also, you said your default currency is set to GBP, is this within Gnucash? or the container? or the host?

If you set the default currency to dollars, does it show “$” properly? Do other currencies work at all?

Does changing the container locale to en_GB or en_UK work?

I’ve also run into problems with fonts in containers. Perhaps the report font is either not accessible or it doesn’t contain the proper £ sign. Did you set a custom font in the report stylesheet or is this already the default Gnucash font?

Lots of potentials here that need to be narrowed down unless you get lucky with someone else already experiencing the same issue.

Regards,
Adrien