Transaction report ?? currency symbol

r0bis roberts.klotins at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 06:17:43 EST 2018

Thanks Adrien,

I sorted this issue. It was the case that docker image had no specific
locale set so it was the fallback to POSIX/ASCII

Once I compiled the docker image with correct locale everything was fine:

FROM ubuntu
MAINTAINER "R"
ENV DEBIAN_FRONTEND noninteractive
RUN apt-get update -q && apt-get install -y \
	locales \
	mysql-client \
	gnucash \
	gnucash-docs \
	yelp \
	dbus-x11 \
	--no-install-recommends \
    	&& rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/* \
    	&& rm -rf /src/*.deb

# LOCLES: uncomment chosen locale to enable it's generation
RUN sed -i 's/# en_GB.UTF-8 UTF-8/en_GB.UTF-8 UTF-8/' /etc/locale.gen
# generate chosen locale
RUN locale-gen en_GB.UTF-8
# set system-wide locale settings
ENV LANG en_GB.UTF-8
ENV LANGUAGE en_GB
ENV LC_ALL en_GB.UTF-8
# verify modified configuration
RUN dpkg-reconfigure --frontend noninteractive locales

RUN  groupadd gnucash \
    && useradd -g gnucash -G video gnucash -m

# run gnucash as non-privileged user
USER gnucash

ENTRYPOINT ["/usr/bin/gnucash", "--logto", "stderr"]