Gnucash Error "No Suitable backend was found for file..."

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 10:48:41 EST 2018

I cannot help with the failure to open files but it might help to know what
OS you are running GnuCash under.  As for the 800 extra files, that depends
to some extent on how often you make backups of your data in some remote
location.  That will help you decide how to set the length of time to keep
those interim backups until you make a real backup.  You can probably set
that time to 2 weeks or so, if you are comfortable with that.

David C