Income shows as negative

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Sun Mar 11 17:34:04 EDT 2018

On 3/11/2018 3:14 AM, D wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Although I am *not* an accountant, I understand that in standard accounting, income is shown as a negative balance. The Tutorial covers this.
>
> There is a setting that allows you to display income accounts with reversed signs, if this bothers you.

"debit" and "credit" have the opposite sense in the same way as
"positive" and "negative" do but are not the same thing UNLESS you have
specified that. In traditional accounting "negative" refers to an
account having a balance in the opposite sense of what is expected. For
example, a credit balance in an account normally debit or a debit
balance in an account normally credit.

An account of type "income" would normally have a credit balance.

Michael D Novack