: importing

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 19:32:21 EDT 2018

Welcome to GnuCash!

Since you have already found the qfx importer you are almost there.  Each
QIF file contains only transactions from one financial institution and
probably only for one or two accounts.

You simply follow the steps that appear after starting the importer.  It
will first ask you which account or accounts you want the transactions to
apply to if it has never seen a file from that bank, then it will create a
list of all the new transactions and try to get you to decide where you
want them to go.  Finally it will actually import them when you click ok.

If you are unsure which other account to assign, leave the transaction
unassigned so you can fix it later.

I always save my data just before any import so I can go back and try again
if I decide that I made a mistake.

Good luck!

David C