Finally ready to move from Windoze to Unix, suggestions of flavor of Unix to use

jeffrey black beastmaster126 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 15 02:17:38 EDT 2018

I realize this is the wrong forum to ask but; I am finally looking to
ditch Windoze 10 completely.

I am at my wits end trying to get ubuntu to work with my system. I have
tried every post I can find on activating the ethernet and wifi, none of
which work.

I have an iBUYPOWER intel core I5 computer with the Realtek
RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit ethernet controller, and usb:o
realtek generic usb device 802.11ac wlan adapter (usb 2), all built into
the motherboard.  The motherboard model is H170-pro.  Meaning I have no
internet, wifi, or networking capability under ubuntu.

I can run ubuntu 14 in a vm window but; it is even slower than Windoze
10 pro 64-bit.  And Windoze 10 is painfully slow now. GnuCash takes
forever to load with all the additional junk micro$oft has added.  Under
the VM, go to town and eat dinner before GnuCash loads.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what flavor of Unix I should use on
this computer?     Wifi, networking and GnuCash are mandatory
requirements for me to switch.

--JEffrey Black M.B.A.