Finally ready to move from Windoze to Unix, suggestions of flavor of Unix to use

Edward Doolittle edward.doolittle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 02:46:06 EDT 2018

It looks like the driver for the RealTek controller is proprietary, so
you'll have to go through some extra steps to get it working.  For
starters, check out this:
https://unixblogger.com/2016/08/11/how-to-get-your-realtek-rtl8111rtl8168-working-updated-guide/
and the top answer to this:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/933055/ubuntu-16-04-realtek-rtl8111-8168-8411-ethernet-driver-is-not-maintaining-a-pers

A Google search turns up lots of other stuff. You'll have to sift through
it, try a few things, and use your judgment about what to keep.

In the meantime you can get a cheap ethernet card with non-proprietary
driver software to get your networking working.