Check Printing Question

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 16 07:12:28 EDT 2018

On 03/15/2018 01:25 PM, David Carlson wrote:
> Jay, maybe Rick's answer went to your trash.  I thought it was a pretty
> good answer.
>
> David C

THANKS David, somehow I missed Rick's original message and do not have
it. Your Fwd helped. See below for the rest... Jay

The directory ~/.gnucash/checks is empty, however the master copy in
/usr/share/gnucash/cash/quicken_wallet.chk was there. I did not touch
it. I will copy it to my local directory first. See below...

> You can find out more on how to edit them at
> <https://lists.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-guide/check_format_info.html
> <https://lists.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-guide/check_format_info.html>>
>
> I had to do this some time ago to get it to print on Quickbooks style 3
> part, 1 page checks as the one they provided didn't work either and
> didn't include accounts and line notes needed for printing paychecks and
> stubs.
>
> Good luck!
>
> --
> Rick Copple

--snip--

Rick, Thanks, however, the problem may go just a bit deeper...

After looking at the docs you provided, unless I am missing something
more, it appears that it is not the check definition that is wrong, at
least as far as I can tell. See below..

I have discovered that if I print the checks 1 at a time and with the
position as Top and print, Middle and print and lastly Bottom and print
by reloading the same page into my printer ALL THREE checks will be
printed in the proper positions.

In the file /usr/share/gnucash/checks/quicken_wallet.chk there is
reference to Check Positions as shown below:

[Check Positions]
Height = 204.0
Names = Top;Middle;Bottom

However, there is not a definition for either of the 3 listed Names,
"Top, Middle, Bottom". Where is that information stored and can it be
modified?

Kind Regards,
Jay

--