Gnucash backends

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Tue Mar 20 18:05:16 EDT 2018

On 3/20/2018 3:05 PM, Jonathan Silvey wrote:
> I have been using GnuCash on Linux Mint for several years. As they were
> getting full, I decided to start a new file and this has been running
> successfully for three weeks. When I try to run the old data, the relevant
> files are there but when I click on them, I get 'No suitable back-end found
>   ...'
Define a little more what you are doing (that didn't work). Did you?
1) Click on the object (and got that message)
or
2) Having started gnucash, used file=>open to try to open the file by
name (and got that message)

The former might just be no association (what did you rename the old
file to? what "file extension" is part of the name?)
The latter would imply something wrong with the file (it should work
even without an association)

Michael D Novack