beginning balance of income and expense accounts

lnorden at mchsi.com lnorden at mchsi.com
Sat Mar 24 17:51:01 EDT 2018

I wasn't starting at the beginning of the year.
I stopped using Microsoft Money as of September, and have been fighting Quicken but recently realized it doesn't use a double entry system.  so I was hoping to start at 9-30 to be able to calculate net income for 2017.  I'd like to calculate 2017 net income if possible.

When I set up my Income and Expense categories, it gave me the option to establish an opening balance.  But offset Equity.