GnuCash 2.7.8 Released

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Sun Mar 25 20:33:57 EDT 2018

On 2018-03-25 19:54, John Ralls wrote:

> The Gnucash Development Team is pleased to release Gnucash 2.7.8,
> the ninth release of an unstable series leading to Gnucash 3.0. This
> release is a Release Candidate: If no bugs requiring major work are
> reported the next release will be 3.0.

John,

Am I correct in assuming that the release is entirely self-contained in
Windows, and doesn't install anything in C;\Windows\System32,
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files", etc?

In other words, can I have 2.6.19 and 2.7.8 on the same Windows 7 PC,
simply by installing them to different folders? I'm spending a lot of
time converting seven years of data from a dBase file, and I don't want
to install 2.7.8 if it will interfere with 2.6.19.

Stan Brown
Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://BrownMath.com
http://OakRoadSystems.com