Reconciliation problems

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 09:25:47 EDT 2018

On 31 March 2018 at 13:53, EngineInstitute <info at chinablueart.com> wrote:

> I am often in the position where I have fallen behind on posting credit
> cards
> to the bank account although the bank account is reconciled. I am trying to
> catch up on this now. The problem is as I am trying to reconcile per month
> am not able to finish that month for the credit card in hand because there
> are payments credited the account for later periods.

Can you explain in more detail why you cannot reconcile it?  Payments
credited after the date you are reconciling to should not be a problem.
Just don't tick them off in the reconcile window. Can I just check that
when you start the reconcile you check that the starting balance in the
initial reconcile window matches the opening balance on the statement (if
it doesn't then the previous reconcile has  a problem) and that you enter
the ending balance as it is on the statement?

Colin