[GNC] Tax Report Options not working

Tom Charles tomcharles1 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 23:52:55 EDT 2018

Hello,

I am using v3.1 of GNUCash and I  am try to set up the Tax Schedule Report
and cannot figure out why I cannot get the report to run and give me the
expected data.   The message I get is the following:

        Period from 2018-Jan-01 to 2018-Dec-31
        Tax Year 2018
        Tax Entity Type: *None specified*
         All amounts in USD unless otherwise noted
        The Income Tax Report is only available for valid Income Tax Entity
Types. Go to the Edit->Tax Report Options dialog to change your Income Tax
Entity Type selection and set up tax-related accounts.

I did use the Edit->Tax Report Options to set the tax related information
for my accounts.

In the dialog box I select Edit. Then I set the "Type" to "Individual,
Joint, etc. - Files US Form 1040 Tax Return", then clicked apply.
I then went through and for each account that I wanted in the report I
selected the "Tax Related" box, then selected the TXF category for each. I
then clicked OK.

I noticed when I looked at the accounts in the "Accounts" page it stated
(under the "Tax Info" heading) for each account that the "Tax Entity Type
was not specified" for every account I set up.  This seems to relate to the
notice I get when I run the report.

What am I missing? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Tom