[GNC] latest gnucash release (3.1) feedback

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue May 8 08:34:54 EDT 2018

Anthony,

I see what you mean about the tabs loading. I have the CoA, Receivable & Payables aging reports, and a Current Period Income Statement report on startup. Each load one by one after the main window appears. I just tested with my 2.6.21 copy and while the main window opened with everything already loaded, this happened because the reports were ‘built’ while the splash screen was still up. And it took much longer on 2.6 to build the reports than with 3.1. So 3.1 is much faster to load my reports, and the main window appears sooner. While I wouldn’t call it a ‘flicker’ it does appear different to the user. I normally don’t notice it since I started using 3.1 because I rarely close the application so I rarely re-start it.

I haven’t noticed any sluggishness during regular use save for the context-menu in registers and invoices which sometimes seems to take a few seconds to ‘wake up’ and become active after appearing. I had a bug report on another issue with that menu so I suppose I need to file another to address that point.

That crash report would possibly have been useful in a bug report or help here on the list. It’s probably still available from Console.app.

I too had a crash right after using 3.0, but it turned out to be a mouse event that whacked the application and wasn’t a repeatable event. It ran fine afterwards.

Perhaps it wouldn’t hurt to start a thread about your crash and attach your crash report as a .txt file.

Regards,
Adrien