[GNC] gnucash not opening

Lesley Clark lesleyclark at iafrica.com
Tue May 8 06:20:54 EDT 2018

Hi people
,
I admit to feeling extremely anxious. I have been using Gnucash for the last 3 months. Successfully opening the app when I needed to update my date. Recently had to clear my desktop as mac was running very slowly. Saved all gnu files and app to a folder. Today I tried to open it….and which ever app picture I atttempted to open I got the same message

file/URl/users/scotty/desktop/new folder with items/smith Gin.gnucash.20180307145203.gnucash could not be found…..

is there anything I can do to open the app and to retrieve my data

Please assist,
thank you very much
warm regards
Lesley