[GNC] gnucash not opening

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed May 9 06:01:31 EDT 2018

Hi,

On Tue, May 8, 2018 6:20 am, Lesley Clark wrote:
> Hi people
> ,
> I admit to feeling extremely anxious. I have been using Gnucash for the
> last 3 months. Successfully opening the app when I needed to update my
> date. Recently had to clear my desktop as mac was running very slowly.
> Saved all gnu files and app to a folder. Today I tried to open it….and
> which ever app picture I atttempted to open I got the same message
>
> file/URl/users/scotty/desktop/new folder with items/smith
> Gin.gnucash.20180307145203.gnucash could not be found…..
>
> is there anything I can do to open the app and to retrieve my data
>
> Please assist,
> thank you very much
> warm regards
> Lesley

On a Mac, GnuCash does not open the file you click on.  On a Mac it
*ALWAYS* opens the last file you used (had open).

It looks like the last file you used was a backup file named smith
Gin.gnucash.20180307145203.gnucash.  From within GnuCash you should use
the File -> Open menu item to re-select your data file.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745