[GNC] Up grade from 2.6.xx to 3.1

Dennis Powless claven123 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 16:02:48 EDT 2018

I was able to use the remove feature in Ubuntu Software..... however after
I ran that, I did the whereis gnucash and this is the output.

dennis at dennis-XPS-8500:~$ whereis gnucash
gnucash: /etc/gnucash /usr/include/gnucash /usr/share/gnucash

I then did
sudo apt-get remove gnucash

repeated whereis gnucash with same output.

I don't have anything /gnucash in the lib directory

Here is the output of the lib directory

dennis at dennis-XPS-8500:/lib$ ls
apparmor        klibc-k3La8MUnuzHQ0_kG8hokcGAC0PA.so  recovery-mode
brltty          ld-linux.so.2                         resolvconf
cpp             ld-lsb.so.1                           systemd
crda            ld-lsb.so.2                           sysvinit
firmware        ld-lsb.so.3                           terminfo
hdparm          linux-sound-base                      udev
i386-linux-gnu  lsb                                   ufw
ifupdown        modprobe.d                            x86_64-linux-gnu
init            modules                               xtables

Output of the ls on i386-linux-gnu

dennis at dennis-XPS-8500:/lib/i386-linux-gnu$ ls
ld-2.23.so               libc-2.23.so      libdl-2.23.so   libnsl-2.23.so
       libnss_files-2.23.so    libnss_nisplus.so.2  libresolv.so.2
libutil-2.23.so
ld-linux.so.2            libcidn-2.23.so   libdl.so.2      libnsl.so.1
      libnss_files.so.2       libnss_nis.so.2      librt-2.23.so
libutil.so.1
libanl-2.23.so           libcidn.so.1      libgcc_s.so.1
libnss_compat-2.23.so  libnss_hesiod-2.23.so   libpcprofile.so
librt.so.1           libz.so.1
libanl.so.1              libcrypt-2.23.so  libm-2.23.so
libnss_compat.so.2     libnss_hesiod.so.2      libpthread-2.23.so
 libSegFault.so       libz.so.1.2.8
libBrokenLocale-2.23.so  libcrypt.so.1     libmemusage.so
libnss_dns-2.23.so     libnss_nis-2.23.so      libpthread.so.0
libthread_db-1.0.so
libBrokenLocale.so.1     libc.so.6         libm.so.6       libnss_dns.so.2
      libnss_nisplus-2.23.so  libresolv-2.23.so    libthread_db.so.1

I tried the dpkg optrion also

dennis at dennis-XPS-8500:~$ sudo dpkg -r gnucash
dpkg: warning: ignoring request to remove gnucash, only the config
 files of which are on the system; use --purge to remove them too

Thanks for the help.

BTW, I can't find gnucash in unity.

Dennis