[GNC] Advice needed, how to handle a medical reimbursement account...

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Sun May 13 23:04:14 EDT 2018

Hi Randix; you can try using the Business features and see if they work for
you, or use an intermediary 'asset'-type account (or more accurately,
account receivable).

1-Jan:
Income:MRA -$1000
Asset:MRA +$1000

5-Jan: visit Doctor123
Asset:Checking -$100
Expense:Medical +$100

10-Jan: submit claim (invoice the customer 'MRA')
Asset:MRA -$100
Asset:A/Receivable +$100

20-Jan: receive reimbursement (process payment)
Asset:A/Receivable -$100
Asset:Checking +$100

HTH