[GNC] how do I get different dates for balancing transactions when transferring amounts between two accounts

RL rlaggren at mail.com
Tue May 15 13:35:16 EDT 2018

Adrian

I can see where using the check number might be reasonable. Just not
what I have done so far and it looked "strange". I'll try it, since
having the check number of a deposit front/center is all to the good. I
think my original feeling was that I wanted to quickly, at a glance,
tell which "direction" the funds were going - and unfortunately I'm not
used to checking to the right to see which column the funds appear in.
TBD, I guess.

However, the date _is_ a problem because I want to unequivocally match
any transaction in GC with the line on the statement the bank provides.

Thanks for you comment. So more experienced users regularly enter the
check number on both sides of the transaction?

Rufus