[GNC] Editing Scheduled Transaction

Robin Chattopadhyay robinraymn at gmail.com
Fri May 18 08:19:27 EDT 2018

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 9:29 PM Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> You said the work around is to delete and re-add, but does the re-add not
> generate the same error? Is this only when editing a previously defined SX?

Correct. Only when editing an existing transaction in an existing SX.
Doesn't happen when adding a new transaction in an existing SX or when
adding a new SX.

I’ll admit I’ve only seen this error when actually trying to edit a real
> transaction in one account register when I was already “in” the same
> transaction in another related account register. (usually after a ‘jump’
> menu instruction) I’ve never seen it in the SX editor.

Same here.

> Dealing with scheduled transactions in concert with this is a bit
> perplexing, other than to suggest, as a test to narrow down the cause,
> close everything but the Chart of Accounts, THEN open the Scheduled
> Transaction editor and see if the same error occurs.

No change.

> At least, you’ve eliminated (or confirmed) other open accounts as the
> possibilities or causes.
>
> Also, please report if you are using the XML or one of the SQL backends
> just to clear that up. (should there be a discrepancy)

SQLite