[GNC] Editing Scheduled Transaction

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu May 17 22:29:02 EDT 2018

You said the work around is to delete and re-add, but does the re-add not generate the same error? Is this only when editing a previously defined SX?

I’ll admit I’ve only seen this error when actually trying to edit a real transaction in one account register when I was already “in” the same transaction in another related account register. (usually after a ‘jump’ menu instruction) I’ve never seen it in the SX editor.

Dealing with scheduled transactions in concert with this is a bit perplexing, other than to suggest, as a test to narrow down the cause, close everything but the Chart of Accounts, THEN open the Scheduled Transaction editor and see if the same error occurs.

At least, you’ve eliminated (or confirmed) other open accounts as the possibilities or causes.

Also, please report if you are using the XML or one of the SQL backends just to clear that up. (should there be a discrepancy)

For myself, all of my scheduled transactions are still working as expected, but all of them pre-existed my transition from 2.6 to 3.1. I’ve yet to create a new SX from the 3.x series and to see how it behaves. I also haven’t yet had a need to edit any of them.

Regards,
Adrien