[GNC] Split registering capital gain does not show up in capital gains register

Ondra Kamenik ondra.kamenik at gmail.com
Mon May 21 23:15:46 EDT 2018

Dear David,

thanks for you answer. What i did was to tick on "trading accounts",
then i redid both the transactions (actual sell and capital gain), it
added transactions to newly created trading accounts, and i could see
the opposite side of the capital gains in its own register. Then i
ticked off "trading accounts" in the properties, deleted all
transactions with the trading accounts, solved the orphaned
transactions, and i had a correct income in the capital gains register,
and i could also see it.

Now when i add another capital gain zero-stocks zero-price transaction,
i have the corresponding record in the capital gains register correct,
and correctly displayed. So i am not able to confirm that your proposed
way would help. However, i suspect that the problem could have been that
i got the program into some internally inconsistent state (from the
snapshot it is clear that the balance of capital gains account did not
change). By switching "trading accounts" on/off i put it back on tracks,
your way of jumping between registers and changing the view could have
had the same effects.

Many thanks again,

0.