[GNC] Chase OFX - error 15500

Marcus Winston marcus at thechocolatehouse.net
Fri May 25 00:06:28 EDT 2018

I'm attempting to set up online banking for the first time. Using GnuCash
2.6.12that goes with my Linux distribution (Mint 18.3). I apparently
successfully connect to the bank (JP Morgan Chase), and try to retrieve an
account list. I get error 15500. searching the list archives, I see it can
help to set the version to 2500 instead of 2300 (since Quicken 2013 is no
longer supported). That, unfortunately, doesn't help me.  I suppose it's
possible that I typed my password wrong. Where in a Linux system can I find
where the password (or hash, more likely ) is stored so I can delete it and
get GnuCash's online banking to ask me for it again?

Marcus