[GNC] mew user; few minor issues

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Fri May 25 13:07:05 EDT 2018

Hi

New user here.    I just switched from Quicken as a result of a)
Capital One issues b) their change to the yearly subscription model.
 I had a few issues setting up the switch,  but once I'd pruned things
I'm pretty happy now.  Online access to my bank works fairly well. I
have to manually import from Capital One.  Still,  a years worth of
this is minor compared to a single beat-head-against-keyboard attempt
to deal with Quicken Support.

So BIG THANKS to all the developers of this product.

A few issues:

1) When I go to online->get-transactions it prompts me that my bank
has also sent balance info and do I want to import it.  I always say
yes, but it never imports it.   When I reconcile, my ending balance is
not correct (usually == start) and I have to manually do
online->get-balance to fix it.

2) Is there any way to not have it auto prompt for reconcile after an
online->get-transactions?  I tend to pre-enter transactions, so the
matcher flags these as needing attention.  So I usually have to say
"no" to the question of do I want to reconcile.   It would be nice if
I could just default to always having to manually reconcile and not be
prompted.

3) The matcher for newly downloaded transactions is odd,  I'm not sure
it always gets things right.  I get a weird matches of ignore, U, U+R
and usually have to manually intervene.

4) The online password entry dialog needs to always stay on the
foreground above it's parent dialog,  This is not the case right now
and it can go behind it's parent.  Usually I end up blanking the
desktop and then restoring GNUCash and it will come back.

Thanks again

Tony