[GNC] Gnucash 3.1 and fedora 28

maniek settlerk at gmail.com
Fri May 25 18:42:50 EDT 2018

Hello,

I've been using GnuCash for 6 years now. Today I upgraded my fedora from 27
to 28 so GnuCash as well (from 2.6.x to 3.1). Unfortunately, it does not
work correctly. My database is automatically cleaned. After typing a
password to the database, I can see an only blank page.

I generated a gnucash.trace and I found:

00:34:16  INFO <gnc.backend.sql> [query_transactions] Query SELECT * FROM
transactions returned no results

the most interesting thing is that after restoring the database from a
backup I can run above command and see all transactions. Then I open
gnucash, see blank page, close and again output of above command returns:
MariaDB [gnucash_2018]> SELECT * FROM transactions;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

GnuCash or sth erases all records from the databases.
I have this problem only with my latest database (for 2018, created a few
months ago and worked properly under 2.6.x), old databases such 2017, 2016
are opening correctly and no data is erased.
MariaDB version is 10.2.14-1.fc28.x86_64

Any idea?