[GNC] Reconciling credit card and A/P accounts

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon May 28 17:49:23 EDT 2018

On Mon, 28 May 2018, Adrien Monteleone wrote:

> Does right-clicking the payment and using “Assign as payment” work?

Adrien,

   Unfortuately, it does not.

> It should give you a “process payment window” where you pull up the vendor
> and will then see the unpaid $45 charge that you can apply it to. Be sure
> to mind you don’t change dates, amount, and source account for the
> original payment when doing so.(GnuCash may default to today’s date and
> the last used asset account rather than the credit card account)

   Yes, the process payment window appears (when I right-click on the transaction
in the credit card register). However, when I select the telco as the
Vendor, a different invoice (different date and amount; shows the invoice
number and an off-setting pre-payment for the same amount).

   Somehow I managed to FUBAR this transaction and if you have other ideas
please share them with me.

Best regards,

Rich