[GNC] Import transactions

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed May 30 11:01:38 EDT 2018

Hi,

Gnucash for Android is a separate project with its own support channels. I
can't say much of it as I don't use it. The support channel for gnucash for
android can be found here:
https://github.com/codinguser/gnucash-android/issues

>From what I heard I thought you could simply share your data file between
Gnucash for Android and Gnucash without having to import/export. I may be
totally wrong though...

As for export/import in gnucash, I quickly checked and I agree the way to
select subaccounts is pretty flakey. That should be improved.

What problems did you experience when trying to import a csv file generated
with gnucash itself ?
A few possible issues that have been reported already are:
- Fails to import if csv data has single \ characters (Fixed for 3.2)
- Price information is not imported correctly (and probably not exported
either)

Geert