[GNC] Import transactions

ddemott at juno.com ddemott at juno.com
Wed May 30 12:33:17 EDT 2018

Geert, Thanks for the quick response and steering me to the Android support channel. As for the export/import, I think my expectations were probably misguided. I had hoped the csv import would be the equivalent of a qif import but I now see they are totally different. I must explicitly identify column associations and manually specify the posting of each row. I can see that provides great flexibility for some needs but for what I'm trying to do probably not useable. You are correct that I can share gnucash files between apps but it's only transactions "on the go" that I'm trying to capture with Android. The app claims that to be its intended purpose, it just crashes when I try it. I haven't gotten far enough to know how well GnuCash imports qif but presume it works okay. Thanks for your guidance. You've certainly gotten me further down the road of understanding. Dale DeMott