[GNC] Import transactions

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed May 30 13:28:35 EDT 2018

Op woensdag 30 mei 2018 18:33:17 CEST schreef ddemott at juno.com:
> Geert, Thanks for the quick response and steering me to the Android support
> channel. As for the export/import, I think my expectations were probably
> misguided. I had hoped the csv import would be the equivalent of a qif
> import but I now see they are totally different. I must explicitly identify
> column associations and manually specify the posting of each row. I can see
> that provides great flexibility for some needs but for what I'm trying to
> do probably not useable. You are correct that I can share gnucash files
> between apps but it's only transactions "on the go" that I'm trying to
> capture with Android. The app claims that to be its intended purpose, it
> just crashes when I try it. I haven't gotten far enough to know how well
> GnuCash imports qif but presume it works okay. Thanks for your guidance.
> You've certainly gotten me further down the road of understanding. Dale
> DeMott

You're welcome. The csv importer is indeed very generic. However it also
allows you to create profiles (or "Presets") to save commonly used formats.
Gnucash ships with one preset by default, namely one to interpret a csv file
as if exported by gnucash (using all default export settings).

Regards,

Geert