[GNC] copying files

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed May 30 16:19:39 EDT 2018

I thought Ubuntu fixed that problem. There was a long standing bug concerning USB devices mounting as read-only. (a flash card is mounted under the USB subsystem) It may still be hanging around on some systems, especially if you upgraded from 16.04 or earlier without a fresh install.

You can probably find plenty of help threads on the web about it. I’m sorry I don’t recall off hand a quick solution short of logging out and back in. (no need to shutdown entirely as I recall) Also, this was a Unity problem that was due to some hold-over code from the old Gnome desktop. (Gtk+2) Since MATE forked that code, it is possible the bug wasn’t fixed there. (yet)

Regards,
Adrien