[GNC] copying files

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Wed May 30 20:33:40 EDT 2018

Varda,
I travel with a laptop and use a desktop at home. If you have internet
access while travelling I have had no problem with putting the GnuCash files
in a Dropbox account synced to both the desktop and laptop. You can work
without internet access and it syncs next time access is available.  Only
problem is it doesn't cope well with GnuCash open on both machines
simultaneously to the extent that the file copy in the Dropbox on the
machine where GnuCash is last closed will overwrite any changes made on the
other machine. Mitigates against losing a USB.
I am using Linux Mint Cinnamon basd on Ubuntu 16.04 and have had no problems
with USB's being mounted readonly with it so as Adrein suggested it may be a
Mate problem.

David

-----
David Cousens