[GNC] building 3.1 on Linux, problems.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu May 31 11:32:23 EDT 2018

> On May 31, 2018, at 7:40 AM, Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
>
> Hi all!
>
> I'm trying to build 3.1 for Centos-7, and since I don't know anything
> about cmake, am having some trouble.
>
> when running cmake like this:
>
> 	cmake $SRCROOT/gnucash
>
> I'm getting these errors:
>
> 	CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:5 (file):
> 	  file problem creating directory: /glib-2.0/schemas
>
> is this due to something in CMakeLists.txt, line five? Line 5 in
> that file doesn't appear to have anything to do with glib, Here
> are the first few lines:
>
>        # CMakeLists.txt for GnuCash
>
>        IF (WIN32 OR APPLE)
>          CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED (VERSION 3.3.2)
>        ELSE()
>          CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED (VERSION 2.8)
>        ENDIF()
>
>        PROJECT (gnucash)
>
>        ENABLE_TESTING()
>

> then there's this one. there IS no CMakeLists.txt file in the gnome
> directory. what am I supposed to look at to try to understand this one?
>

> 	-- Performing Test have_mod_mask - Failed
> 	CMake Error at gnome/CMakeLists.txt:59 (gnc_add_swig_guile_command):
> 	  Unknown CMake command "gnc_add_swig_guile_command".
>
> and if there WERE such a file, how would I go about fixing this?
>
> Assistance appreciated, thanks in advance!

Did you by any chance set $SRCROOT to point to the source directory (i.e. /path/to/gnucash-3.1) instead of the source directory’s parent? If you did then you want to say “cmake <options> $SRCROOT”.

That aside, if there’s no CMakeLists.txt in gnucash-3.1/gnucash/gnome then you have borked your source directory. See https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/maint/gnucash/gnome/CMakeLists.txt

Regards,
John Ralls