[GNC] building 3.1 on Linux, problems.

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu May 31 10:40:57 EDT 2018

Hi all!

I'm trying to build 3.1 for Centos-7, and since I don't know anything
about cmake, am having some trouble.

when running cmake like this:

	cmake $SRCROOT/gnucash

I'm getting these errors:

	CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:5 (file):
	  file problem creating directory: /glib-2.0/schemas

is this due to something in CMakeLists.txt, line five? Line 5 in
that file doesn't appear to have anything to do with glib, Here
are the first few lines:

        # CMakeLists.txt for GnuCash

        IF (WIN32 OR APPLE)
          CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED (VERSION 3.3.2)
        ELSE()
          CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED (VERSION 2.8)
        ENDIF()

        PROJECT (gnucash)

        ENABLE_TESTING()

then there's this one. there IS no CMakeLists.txt file in the gnome
directory. what am I supposed to look at to try to understand this one?

	-- Performing Test have_mod_mask - Failed
	CMake Error at gnome/CMakeLists.txt:59 (gnc_add_swig_guile_command):
	  Unknown CMake command "gnc_add_swig_guile_command".

and if there WERE such a file, how would I go about fixing this?

Assistance appreciated, thanks in advance!

                        The Lord is like a strong tower.