[GNC] Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:, CURRENCY:EUR

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 2 12:42:22 EDT 2018

On 21/10/2018 10:32, rsbrux via gnucash-user wrote:
> Dear John,
>
> Thanks for the tip!  After a bit of experimentation, it seems that the
> problem has to do with the number of currency exchange rates requested.
> If I reduce the number to five or fewer, the price update works.  I
> guess this has to do with the limitations of AlphaVantage, which I have
> seen discussed elsewhere.  Thanks again for your support!

I'm not seeing an obvious solution to this other than allowing some time
between requests which raises other issues, like, the currency trader
jockey pressing "get my price now" every minute. [1]

I have an odd currency pair that only works in the early hours in
european time.  That is sort of OK for me because I know when it works
and it is when that market is open.

I sort of feel sorry for anyone providing free prices these days.

So many tiny people wanting so much for free.

[1] I am known for saying that gnc should not be used for trading as it
isn't suitable. For starters it records a price per day, think about the
significance of that for an intra day trader.  Duh!

--
Wm