[GNC] Accidentally Created .LNK file and now my entire GnuCash file is overwritten and I can't get back to work

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 10:09:32 EST 2018

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 at 15:03, Anita Graves via gnucash-user
<gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

> Oh, Geert, I do so wish you were right.  However, I think you missed the sentence where I said that after the crash I unknowingly and unthinkingly and quickly in order to restore my screen, I clicked on ‘Open Anyway’ and that’s when my file was locked and this other ’thing’ called a .LNK sits right on top of my working file and there is nothing I can do to get rid of this.

What do you mean, it sits on top of the working file?

Also, in your first post you said "Besides the fact that now I cannot
access my checking account or other ‘operative’ accounts, the
hierarchy of my accounts was changed, and they appear in a very
different order than what I had been working with."
I think we need to get to the bottom of that, can you explain in more
detail?  Maybe try again with the screenshots, I know people have
posted attachments before so you should be able to get them through
and then we might have a better idea of what you are seeing.

Colin

Colin