[GNC] Accidentally Created .LNK file and now my entire GnuCash file is overwritten and I can't get back to work

Anita Graves anitagraves at mac.com
Sun Nov 4 10:00:48 EST 2018

Oh, Geert, I do so wish you were right.  However, I think you missed the sentence where I said that after the crash I unknowingly and unthinkingly and quickly in order to restore my screen, I clicked on ‘Open Anyway’ and that’s when my file was locked and this other ’thing’ called a .LNK sits right on top of my working file and there is nothing I can do to get rid of this.

What would happen if I delete the .LNK file?  Will my proper working file be restored?  Or would I delete my entire year’s worth of work?

Thank you.  Anita