[GNC] Accounting for Refund

Eric Rathhaus office eric at ewrlaw.com
Mon Nov 5 14:00:54 EST 2018

Hello - I need to refund a client for pre-paid expenses I didn’t end up incurring.  I could just cut a check and account for it as an expense.  But as these payments came from multiple invoices and jobs, I would like to have some method for creating a note to identify the various expense payments I’m refunding.  Credit notes only exist for employees.  Would I go back to each invoice and revise the payments to account for refund from each invoice and send updated invoice along with the check?  Thanks.

Kind regards,

Eric W. Rathhaus
Law Office of Eric W. Rathhaus
484 Lake Park Avenue, Suite 50
Oakland, CA 94610
415.577.0920 tel
415.737.0603 fax

www.ewrlaw.com

Confidentiality :

The information contained in this message is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of the information in this message, and/or the name(s) of the person(s) it is addressed to, is prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us by returning this email to us.  If that is not possible, we will reimburse you for any costs in returning this message to us through other means.