[GNC] gnucash 3.x corrupts data file

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Nov 7 13:39:34 EST 2018

Op woensdag 7 november 2018 19:17:58 CET schreef Jörg Schaible:
> Hi Derek,
>
> On Tue, 06 Nov 2018 10:16:33 -0500 Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible at gmx.de> writes:
> >> [snip]
> >>
> >> Yes. I don't know how gnucash managed to add this, but one of the used
> >> versions from 1.7.x to 2.7.4 in the last decade must have been able to
> >> do so ;-)
> >
> > The 1.7.x and 2.7.x series are both Alpha-release (testing releases) and
> > should never be (have been?) used for real production data.
>
> I use, what my distro (Gentoo) claims as stable. I cannot look up for ~400
> installed packages, if upstream and package maintainers have different
> ideas about this.
>
> However, I am therefore back from 3.3 to 3.2, since 3.3 is marked as
> unstable ;-)

This is something to discuss with your distro (Gentoo). We're pretty explicit
about this in all of our release notes. It's odd the Gentoo maintainer for the
GnuCash package is not following these recommendations, but I don't know their
motivations.

Anyway the more important thing is you have managed to fix it.

Geert