[GNC] (no subject)

Ed Fields efieldsgm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 11:17:23 EST 2018

Hi Folks,

In answer to John and David, I don't use the on line banking feature.
I download the qfx file from Discover to my disk, then perform a file |
import operation.  The downloaded qfx file has several  newer transactions
than those in my gnuCash credit card account.

Just for grins, I re-imported a qfx from several months ago, after first
changing a date for one of the gnu account entries to ensure that at least
one transaction would be viewed as new.
Got the same response, an unpopulated popup window titled 'generic
import transaction manager'

The only structural difference I can see between the broken Discover qfx
files and other working qfx files from other credit card companies is that
the discover provides an additional field INTU.USERID in the preamble text
   <INTU.USERID>*myAccountName*</SONRS></SIGNONMSGSRSV1>

my previous gnuCash version # is not known, I think it was the one before
the September update version.

Are any readers tracking Discover Card expenses successfully importing
activity data into their account?

thanks for your patience and your responses

ed