[GNC] (no subject)

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Nov 9 11:36:29 EST 2018

Changing the date on the transaction is not sufficient; GnuCash stores the
unique FITID to match against the OFX file, so it will detect that there
are  no new transactions.  You would literally need to delete a
transaction before the re-import to get the importer to see a new one.

-derek

On Fri, November 9, 2018 11:17 am, Ed Fields wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> In answer to John and David, I don't use the on line banking feature.
> I download the qfx file from Discover to my disk, then perform a file |
> import operation.  The downloaded qfx file has several  newer transactions
> than those in my gnuCash credit card account.
>
> Just for grins, I re-imported a qfx from several months ago, after first
> changing a date for one of the gnu account entries to ensure that at least
> one transaction would be viewed as new.
> Got the same response, an unpopulated popup window titled 'generic
> import transaction manager'
>
> The only structural difference I can see between the broken Discover qfx
> files and other working qfx files from other credit card companies is that
> the discover provides an additional field INTU.USERID in the preamble text
>    <INTU.USERID>*myAccountName*</SONRS></SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
>
> my previous gnuCash version # is not known, I think it was the one before
> the September update version.
>
> Are any readers tracking Discover Card expenses successfully importing
> activity data into their account?
>
> thanks for your patience and your responses
>
> ed
>

> On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 7:06 PM David Reiser <dbreiser at icloud.com> wrote:

>> other
>> accounts.

>> them

>> > Are you using online banking? Was this working OK with the previous
>> version of GnuCash (which version)?
>> > It’s odd that you’re getting an empty match window, if there aren’t
>> any
>> transactions it’s supposed to put up a message box saying so.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > John Ralls
>> >
>> I believe one way an empty matching window shows up is if there were
>> transactions in the data stream, but all the transaction IDs matched
>> already-imported transactions.
>>
>> Dave
>> --
>> Dave Reiser
>> dbreiser at icloud.com

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745