[GNC] About report transaction

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 16 05:37:12 EST 2018

Hi Carlos,

"Carlos E. Morales" <cmoralesm at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi friends, I am new to this list and my needs are not as deep as the ones
> I have read on your list. I have used Gnucash for about 9 years but in a
> very basic way, taking my personal expenses and income. I have learned to
> make the necessary reports for me but in some opportunities when I have to
> reinstall the application or use a new PC, all the configurations of my
> reports are erased and I must start the elaboration of them again. My
> question is if there is any way to save the reports on a USB stick? And so
> avoid having to redo the reports configuration again?

Make sure you copy your "DOT_GNUCASH" folder as well as your data file.
Where this folder resides varies by platform.
The Wiki should have a sub-page about making backups that explains where
these can be found:  https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GnuCash
I'm sorry I don't know the exact Wiki page; I'm sitting on an airplane
without network access.
Hope this helps,