[GNC] Could not read the contents of GnuCash: Error opening directory '[path name here]': Permission denied

Scott Ellsworth scott at fastmail.us
Fri Nov 16 18:00:18 EST 2018

Dear all,

I recently installed Ubuntu 18.06 on a new computer. The version of
GnuCash that installs from the repository is v2.6.21. I cannot open my
GnuCash file located in a mounted volume from Veracrypt. For
comparison, I do not have this problem with any other program in Ubuntu
as far as I can see, and I do not have the problem with GnuCash v2.6.12
(in Ubuntu 16.04).
How do I fix this?

Be Well,

Scott
<<<< Scott Ellsworth || 415-625-3019 >>>>