[GNC] Could not read the contents of GnuCash: Error opening directory '[path name here]': Permission denied

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us
Fri Nov 16 23:03:43 EST 2018

gnucash-jz is apparently a Snap installation of GnuCash; “jz” is for Jacob Zimmerman, the maintainer. See https://github.com/jacobzimmermann/gnucash-jz-snap <https://github.com/jacobzimmermann/gnucash-jz-snap>.

Like Flatpak, Snap is a sandboxed runtime environment. It probably lacks access to the VeraCrypt drivers.

Regards,
John Ralls