[GNC] Could not read the contents of GnuCash: Error opening directory '[path name here]': Permission denied

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Fri Nov 16 23:23:05 EST 2018

Scott

Good to hear it is all working. There is no gnucash-jz in the Linux MInt
Software Manager so it obviously didn't inherit it from Ubuntu. gnucash-jz
is a Snapcraft version of GnuCash (https://snapcraft.io/gnucash-jz)  similar
to the flatpak I mentioned earlier which Ubuntu seem to have added to their
software offerings. The Software manager in Linux MInt has the
flathub/flatpak version as well as the version incorprated in their
distribution. These are maintained by individuals rather than the
distribution maintainers or the GnuCash team. In most cases it is the
flatpak or snap settings which have to be adjusted to allow the application
access to the system. Too difficult for me - much easier just to build it
from scratch.

Cheers
David Cousens

-----